Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Thistle Quilters' Westering Women


The Thistle Quilt Guild in Nova Scotia, Canada, just had their quilt show. This display is all Westering Women samplers.

Sheila's model



Sheila, the program director, organized the guild's block-of-the-month last year.


The thirty or so members followed the monthly blog here and Sheila added a few more blocks to make the quilt larger.

They all used the traditional set. It's a small guild but obviously they are enthusiastic stitchers.

Sheila gave them 20 blocks instead of 12.
I Photoshopped her model to give you
a wrinkly picture of all 20.

I am always pleased to have guilds use my BOM's for their monthly programs. The Westering Women pattern began as a BOM for my own guild several years ago.  It's not too late to start Yankee Diary with your guild.

7 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Wow!

Sheila said...

Thanks so much Barbara for such a great BOM and for posting our guild photos , just awesome !

Rina Spina said...

Beautiful quilts on display! I loved your BOM even though my quilt isn't quilted yet, I envolved my daughter and sister in law,and they are still worked on it.
Thank you Barbara!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see so many quilts together. Look how many people you've inspired and fed with your BOMs!

Becky in VA said...

Wonderful!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

How cool! Great display!

Rosa said...

Great show.Anyone is just fantastic!